Our program has gained some success in producing graduates from our program and getting them into medical school. We will continue to work hard to help our students succeed in achieving their dream of getting into medical school and becoming the physician they always wanted to be.
Our program accepted its first students during the spring 2009 semester. We currently have 27 students in the program for the spring 2013 semester. Our students come from diverse academic and career backgrounds. Please refer to our student roster.
- Males = 15
- Females = 12
- Students 22 - 29 years of age = 17
- Students 30-39 years of age = 8
- Students 40 and over = 2
Asian = 1
Black/African American = 3
Hispanic = 2
White/Caucasian = 20
Multi-racial/Other = 1
Since May 2011, we have graduated 28 students.
- May 2011 Graduates = 5
- December 2011 Graduates = 10
- May 2012 Graduates = 6
- December 2012 Graduates = 7
MEDICAL SCHOOL MATRICULATES
Thirteen (13) of our graduates have matriculated to medical school.
Four in the Class of 2015
- Three at the University of Louisville School of Medicine
- One at St. George's School of Medicine
Nine in the Class of 2016
- Nine at the University of Louisville School of Medicine
Three of our graduates have reapplied for 2013 consideration
- One accepted to University of Louisville School of Medicine
- One accepted to American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
- One with multiple offers to medical school (two offers so far)
Two graduates chose to change their career path after an unsuccessful attempt for medical school; chose not to reapply.
FIRST TIME APPLICANTS FOR 2013
Ten of our graduates have applied for the entering 2013 medical school class, Class of 2017.
- 7 have been accepted to medical school; 7 accepted to the U of L School of Medicine via assured admission (3 with multiple offers as of 3/12/2013)
- 3 are awaiting a decision (As of 3/12/2013)
Five of our currently enrolled students have applied for the entering 2013 medical school class, Class of 2017.
- 3 have been accepted to medical school; 3 accepted to the U of L School of Medicine via assured admission.
- 3 awaiting a decision in May (Pending MCAT scores).
Please note: One of our former students (not currently enrolled) was accepted to the University of Cincinnati School of Medicine for the entering 2013 medical school class.