William B. Wead, Ph.D.
WILLIAM B. WEAD, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Vice Chairman
The Ohio State University, 1969
"Cardiopulmonary Regulation and Interaction"
My research interests continue to be directed to the investigation of mechanisms of changes in myocardial contractility of the normal and failing heart. In addition, my collaborative studies are centered on determining the specific role of parasympathetic innervation of the brain-heart axis.
- Pass, J.M., Y. Zheng, W.B. Wead, J. Zhang, R. Li, R. Bolli, and P. Ping. PKCe activation induces dichotomous cardiac phenotypes and modulates RACK expression and PKCe - RACK interactions. Am. J. Physiol – Heart and Circ Physiol 280:H946–H955, 2001.
- Pass, J.M., J. Gao, W.K. Jones, W.B. Wead, X. Wu, J. Zhang, C.P. Baines, R. Bolli, Y. Zheng, I.G. Joshua, and P. Ping. Enhanced PKCBII translocation and PKCBII-RACK1 interactions in PKCe-induced heart failure: a role for RACK1. Am. J. Physiol.: Heart and Circ Physiol 281:H2500-H2510, 2001.
- Ai, J., D. Gozal, L. Li, W.B. Wead, M.W. Chapleau, R. Wurster, B. Yang, Hulun Li, R. Liu, and Z. Cheng. Degeneration and vagal efferent axons and terminals in cardiac ganglia of aged rats. J. Comp Neurol 504(1):74-88, 2007.
- Lin, M., R. Liu, D. Gozal, W.B. Wead, M.W. Chapleau, R. Wurster, and Z.J. Cheng. Chronic intermittent hypoxia impairs baroreflex control of heart rate but enhances heart rate responses to vagal efferent stimulation in anesthetized mice. Am. J. Physiol.: Heart and Circulatory Physiology 293(2):H997-1006, 2007.
- Lin, M., J. Ai, L. Li, C. Huag, M.W. Chapleau, R. Liu, D. Gozal, W.B. Wead, R. Wurster, and Z.J. Cheng. Structural remodeling of nucleus ambiguous projections to cardiac ganglia following chronic intermittent hypoxia in C57BL/6J mice” by JCN-07-0153, J. Comp Neurol, (in review).