Tricks of the Trade
From entry into the program to graduation, residents are given resources to help prepare for each stage of their program.
Board Review Support
- Each resident receives a generous Board Review support package including:
- Text book stipend during intern year
- Free MedStudy during their first and third year
- Free PediaLink access to PREP The Curriculum® all three years
- Free copy of Laughing Your Way to Passing the Pediatric Boards, by Stu Silverstein, MD, as a second year
- Stipend to attend a board review course after graduation
- Our noon conference curriculum is created directly from ACGME guidelines and ABP suggested materials.
- PREP Party and the Board Review Series—Based on resident feedback, we implemented a new approach to Board Study where the residents work through board review questions that pertain to a suggested reading assignment for each month. The conference is led by either a Chief Resident or Program Director in addition to a guest faculty member from the “specialty of the month” who helps facilitate discussion and expand on the questions/explanations. Nelson’s Club occurs during noon conference once a month. Board Review Series takes place in the evening once a month.
Pediatric Resident Survival Guide
- All incoming residents are given a pocket-sized “Pediatric Resident Survival Guide”, a handy reference guide includes charts, guidelines, contact lists and tips useful for everyday patient encounters. This resource was created by a former resident and is maintained through the Office of Medical Education.
Transition Booklet, Your Final Year of Residency Training
- Created by our Office of Medical Education for our graduating residents, this booklet will aid your transition to a clinical practice setting, academic position or fellowship training.