Awards and Accomplishments
by Brown,Kristen Hartz — last modified Feb 22, 2012 03:02 PM
We have accomplished residents training in an award-winning hospital. Here is just a sampling of why we’re proud of our faculty, house staff and training hospital.
- Amy Holthouser, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, received the 2011 Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching as well as the Golden Apple Teaching Award from the medical school class of 2013.
- UofL Pediatric Faculty members Aaron Calhoun, M.D., and Katherine Potter, M.D. received a $25,000 Paul Weber Award for Departmental Excellence in Teaching from the University of Louisville. Drs. Calhoun and Potter received this prestigious award the for their work with the Simulation for Pediatric Assessment, Resuscitation and Communication (SPARC) program. Learn more about the SPARC program.
- Congratulations to Michael Deel and Dan Kischnick, recipients of the UL SOM Class of 2012 Excellence in Clinical Education Award in Pediatrics.
- Ranked among the top children’s hospitals nationwide in eight of 10 specialties in U.S. News Media Group’s Best Children’s Hospitals 2011-12 rankings, now available online at www.usnews.com/childrenshospitals.
- A Magnet designation from American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing national excellence in nursing care
- Recognition as one of five benchmark centers in the country by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- An ECMO Center of Excellence designation from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO), recognizing centers for using the highest quality measures, processes and evidence-based structures
- Recognition by the Vermont Oxford Network as one of the best hospitals in the country for NICU survival and infection rates
- Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky in 2010