Additional Application Information
by Brown,Kristen Hartz — last modified Jul 31, 2013 11:52 AM
- Candidates interested in Child Neurology are required to apply to the Child Neurology categorical program AND the Peds Prelim-Neurology program through ERAS.
- We accept residency applications at the PGY-1 level only.
- Applicants must receive their medical degree by the start of training.
- We do not have minimum board score requirements though we do have a very competitive program and higher scores can enhance your application as a whole.
- You must have graduated from medical school within the past 3 years.
- We require three letters of recommendation (but not specifically a Chairman’s letter). One letter from your pediatric clerkship or acting internship is recommended.
- Second looks will be offered on two pre-selected days in January. The days may be arranged to allow you to see the areas of most interest to you, e.g. rounding on the wards, shadowing in clinic etc. You will also have an opportunity to meet with the Program Director and have lunch with a couple of residents. Second looks are provided at the candidate's expense.
- We will accept either USMLE or COMLEX scores.