- One of America's top ten great streets (Main Street's Museum Row, American Planning Association)
- Best hotel in the country (21c Museum Hotel, Conde Nast)
- Best independent bookstore in America (Carmichael's, Publishers Weekly)
- One of the top three cities in the country to be a cyclist (Bicycling)
- One of the top five foodiest hometowns for the third year in a row (Bon Appetit)
- One of the best Manhattans in the country (610 Magnolia, GQ)
- One of the Best Towns (Outside Magazine)
- One of the top 15 Best Indie Record Stores (Ear X-tacy, Spin Magazine)
in its Sunday edition on April 3, 2011.
Become a Friend of LOU
and you can receive "inside-information, weekly emails, special VIP invitations to parties and concerts, and a Friend of Lou Welcome Kit."
And it's not just the city of Louisville that has some exciting press. UofL celebrated being the first research building in Kentucky to receive Gold Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for its new Clinical and Translational Research building. In July 2010, the Duthie Center for Engineering at UofL's Speed School of Engineering also received the Gold LEED award.
In addition, UofL was named one of America's Top 25 "Best Neighbors" according to the “Saviors of Our Cities: A Survey of Best College and University Civic Partnerships” survey unveiled at the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) meeting Oct. 12, 2009 in Philadelphia.