Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for a residency position in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine:
- Resident candidates must have graduated from an accredited medical school within the last ten years.
- Resident candidates must have taken and passed both USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 or its equivalent.
- Resident candidates must have 2 months of clinical experience in an approved academic medical center in the United States.
- Resident candidates must have acceptable visa status (J-1 Clinical Visa/Exchange Visitor Medical Trainee Category); we do not sponsor H1B.
- Resident candidates must submit documentation (application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, dean’s letter, ECFMG status, USMLE scores, transcript, personal statement and picture) through ERAS by November 1 for review by the Education Committee. The start date for resident training is July 1 of the following year.
- Applications must be completed and submitted by November 1. The start date for resident training is July 1 of the following year.
For further information regarding the residency program, please refer to the Graduate Medical Education website.
For more information regarding the Pathology Residency Program:
Coordinator, Residency Program
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
University of Louisville, School of Medicine
Louisville, KY 40292
E-mail: Ms. Latosha Cowherd
Phone: (502) 852-8203