Program Goals for UofL Neurosurgery Residency Program
At the University of Louisville Department of Neurosurgery, we are committed to excellence in diagnosing and treating neurological disorders and discovering new treatments in a caring, patient-centered environment.
Residency Program Goals
- To train neurosurgery residents in the core competencies of neurosurgery, providing for theman educational, clinical, operative, and research environment of the highest standard.
- To prepare our residents for the neurosurgical career of their choice.
- To foster an appreciation among our residents and staff for the scholarly values and societal ideals which are the underpinnings of our profession.
- To promote a responsible, productive, and healthy work ethic recognizing the needs of the society and the individual.
- To further the knowledge of basic, translational and clinical neuroscience through neurosurgical research and scholarly review of published literature.
- To be active members in the regional, national, and international neurosurgical community.
- To participate in the broader academic programs of the University of Louisville School of Medicine for the benefit of undergraduate, medical, and graduate students as well as our colleagues and ourselves.
- To ensure that both the Neurosurgery Department’s goals and its individuals' needs are met in a working environment that is collegial, collaborative, facilitative, fair and personally rewarding.