The Cultural Center Emissaries team was designed to engage students in active citizenship and to encourage and promote social justice issues that affect both the campus and local community.
Job Description: Emissaries will be considered ambassadors for the Cultural Center, and shall specifically:
- Participate in diversity trainings with the goal of assisting and/or facilitating such trainings throughout the campus community
- Maintain, update and manage Cultural Center social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Podcasts, Blogs, etc)
- Serve as representatives at various campus functions (fairs, orientation, etc)
- Assist program coordinators in the coordination of Cultural Center programming and events
- Co-facilitate monthly difficult discussion dialogues
- Read the 2010-2011 Book-in-Common
- Attend one (1) retreat per semester
- Attend bi-weekly meetings
- Conduct community service/social justice project during the 2010-2011 academic year
- Provide feedback on program services
- Assist in marketing Cultural Center programs and events
- Coordinate a cultural immersion tour for the spring 2011 semester
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Emissaries should possess a positive “can-do” attitude that creates an environment that is conducive to the success of the team and the Cultural Center. Emissaries should be flexible, creative, show initiative, and have excellent organizational skills. Emissaries must also maintain a positive attitude and demeanor at all times as you are a representative of the Cultural Center.
Compensation: $500 scholarship for the academic year. Emissaries will also receive copies of the StrengthsQuest during the retreat, and a copy of the book-in-common, Freakonomics.
In addition to submitting an application, candidates who wish to be considered must submit a letter of interest.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED