Hardship Grant Committee
This page contains information regarding the Hardship Grant Committee and application process.
The House Staff Council has established a hardship grant in order to assist residents in need. This grant is designed to give residents reprieve in the event of financial adversity. The resident must submit an application. The House Staff Council will determine if they are eligible for the grant. This is another small step the House Staff Council has taken to make sure the residents successfully master their career goals.
Submission Deadline for 2013 is November 8th. Forward all required documents electronically to Martin Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the submission deadline, a 4-member, designated committee comprised of house staff council representatives will review all applications. Notification of grant recipients will take place In November.
- You must be a house staff member enrolled in a graduate training program at the University of Louisville, School of Medicine to be eligible.
- The resident must be in good standing in the training program.
- Applicants must demonstrate significant financial need.
- Applications must be submitted in their entirety by posted deadline.
- Submitted all completed documents via email to Martin Kramer at email@example.com, Resident Education and Work Environment Coordinator in the Office of Graduate Medical Education. Contact number is 502-852-5271.
Historically, 6 awards of $500.00 have been awarded annually, however, the House Staff Council retains the right to adjust the award amounts contingent on House Staff Council approval.