Health & Nutrition Information
by blnick01 — last modified Feb 27, 2012 11:23 AM
This folder contains information and documents from our departmental nutritionists, as well as other information for both students and the public about good health and nutrition
- Nutrition Tidbits — by Heather Dodds — last modified Jun 12, 2008 03:33 PM
- Archive of a newsletter sent to DFGM faculty, residents and 3rd year medical students at UofL. Includes tips to help doctors help their patients manage common health problems by managing what they eat, including patient education materials and links to important guidelines. Learn to address common health problems using nutrition-based solutions.
- Growing Families — by Heather Dodds — last modified Sep 13, 2007 04:24 PM
- Information for parents and caregivers of growing children, available as a guide along with your child's physician to answer many questions and concerns.
- PLEASeR — by Heather Dodds — last modified Dec 21, 2010 03:28 PM
- PLEASeR is a weight management system developed with the PCP in mind. PLEASeR integrates, into a practice-friendly system, an obesity/weight management treatment approach recommended by National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). NHLBI developed an evidence based algorithm found in Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. The PLEASeR system screens for the most frequent maladaptive behaviors (eating, thinking and exercise) that can contribute to weight issues using a simple questionnaire, called the PLEASeR Weight Management Questionnaire. The questionnaire also contains readiness questions to help the provider determine the patient’s readiness for help. The completed questionnaire is coded (P L E A S e R ) so that the provider can easily determine what handout(s) corresponds to the maladaptive behavior. If the patient is unsuccessful with weight loss or asks for other programs, PLEASeR has a handout called “R”esources which gives other resource suggestions. Those resources can be made specific to the practitioners community. All documents can be downloaded by simply clicking on the link and printing.
- Nutritional Handouts — by Nickel,Brianne L. — last modified Apr 06, 2009 01:28 PM
- Nutritional Handouts that are available for everyone to use and learn more information about healthy eating
- Living Well Workshops — by Phyllis D. Harris — last modified Feb 06, 2013 02:59 PM
- The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a six-week series of workshops that meet for 2 ½ hours, once a week in community settings such as senior centers, churches, malls and hospitals. People with different chronic health problems attend together: same time, same place, same bunch of people learning and practicing together for six weeks. Workshops are co-facilitated by two people who may or may not be health professionals, one or both of whom have chronic diseases themselves.
- Stop the Flu — by Harris,Phyllis Dean — last modified Dec 06, 2012 04:06 PM