Physicians and Nurse Practitioners from UL Geriatrics provides patients with in-home care for those who have chronic illnesses. UL Geriatrics works closely with VNA Nazareth Home Care to provide services which include: physical and occupational therapy, social services, home-health aid, as well as registered nurse and/or other ancillary services as needed.
Geriatric Evaluation Treatment Program (G.E.T)
The Geriatric Evaluation and Treatment (GET) Program is an outpatient consultative service of the Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine, University of Louisville School of Medicine. It’s goal is to provide comprehensive, interdisciplinary evaluation and treatment of the complex physical, cognitive, psychological, and social problems of the older adult.
Established in 1984 as the first service of its kind in central and western KY, and southern Indiana the GET Program:
- is a model for innovative approaches to geriatric health care
- trains health care professionals in geriatrics and gerontology
- sponsors a monthly Alzheimer’s Association caregiver support group
- offers educational workshops for the community
- gathers research data to enhance the future quality of geriatric care