Laptop Requirement Fall 2012
These are the details for the laptop requirement for incoming students in the fall of 2012 (graduating class of 2016)
School of Medicine
The University of Louisville requires that all incoming Medical students have a laptop. It is highly recommended that you purchase one of of the following recommended devices, as the School of Medicine Office of Academic Technology will have units available to loan out if one of these models has a technical issue and some limited spare parts available for these models, as well as the expertise to assist you with any technical issues that you may have.
iTech Xpress has partnered with School of Medicine, Apple, and GovConnection-Lenovo to offer a discount on the School of Medicine recommended laptop purchase through these links:
Note: For Apple, order any MacBook Pro you feel will best suit your needs. All models currently offered will meet the requirments.
If you decide to purchase a laptop outside of these recommendations, or if you have one that you feel is adequate, please check against the following minimum requirements. Note, we can only guarantee compatibility for the recommended units above. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure that your laptop meets the minimum requirements, and that it is in good working order.
· Minimum i5 processor
· 4 GB RAM
· 250 GB 5400 rpm hard drive
· wifi 802.11n compatible
· Front facing video conferencing camera
· Recommended brands: Lenovo, HP and Dell
· Note: An iPad, net-book, or Android Tablet, while very useful tools for many class applications, will not meet the minimum requirements for online testing. If you choose to purchase one of these we will be happy to help you set it up for maximum usability, but you will need a MacBook Pro or PC as well.
It must be capable of running the following software (note: this list is subject to change in succeeding years):
· Windows 7 64 bit edition
· Microsoft Office 2010 for PC (Provided to you at no cost by the School)
· Respondus Lockdown Browser
· Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
· Firefox version 12