Yong Peng, M.D.
Instructor of Medicine
Dr. Peng is a well-trained cellular biologist and immunologist, who is also actively involved in studying the role of adult cardiac progenitor cells (CPC) on rat and murine myocardial infarction (MI) models.
Our long-term research interests include characterization, function and differentiation of CPCs. These studies were done or are doing in both in vitro and in vivo methods upon different MI models. These approaches will allow us to provide a pathway of CSC-mediated therapy to cardiac infarction, which are mostly mimic the clinical condition upon on the patient.
1. Tang XL, Rokosh G, Sanganalmath SK, Yuan F, Sato H, Mu J, Dai S, Li C, Chen N, Peng Y, Dawn B, Hunt G, Leri A, Kajstura J, Tiwari S, Shirk G, Anversa P, Bolli R. Intracoronary administration of cardiac progenitor cells alleviates left ventricular dysfunction in rats with a 30-day-old infarction. Circulation, 121(2):293-305, 2010.
2. Peng Y, Han G, Shao H, Wang Y, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. Characterization of IL-17+ interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein-specific T cells in experimental autoimmune uveitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 48(9):4153-61, 2007.
3. Peng Y, Shao H, Ke Y, Zhang P, Han G, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. Minimally activated CD8 autoreactive T cells specific for IRBP express a high level of Foxp3 and are functionally suppressive. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 48(5):2178-84, 2007.
4. Tezel G, Yang X, Luo C, Peng Y, Sun SL, Sun D. Mechanisms of immune system activation in glaucoma: oxidative stress-stimulated antigen presentation by the retina and optic nerve head glia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 48(2):705-14, 2007.
5. Han G, Shao H, Peng Y, Zhang P, Ke Y, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. Suppressor role of rat CD8+CD45RClow T cells in experimental autoimmune uveitis (EAU). J Neuroimmunol, 183(1-2):81-8, 2007.
6. Peng Y, Shao H, Ke Y, Zhang P, Xiang J, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. In vitro activation of CD8 interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein-specific T Cells requires not only antigenic stimulation but also exogenous growth factors. J Immunol, 176: 5006-5014, 2006.
7. Shao H, Peng Y, Liao T, Wang MQ, Song M, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. A shared epitope of the interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein recognized by the CD4+ and CD8+ autoreactive T cells. J Immunol, 175(3):1851-7, 2005.
8. Shao H, Fu Y, Liao T, Peng Y, Chen L, Kaplan HJ, Sun D. Anti-CD137 mAb treatment inhibits experimental autoimmune uveitis by limiting expansion and increasing apoptotic death of uveitogenic T cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 46(2):596-603, 2005.
9. Peng Y, Liu CP. Inhibition of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice by GAD-specific regulatory T cells. Chinese Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 19(6):486-490, 2003.
10. Peng Y, Liu CP. The cross-reactivity of I-A(g7) and I-A(d) tetramers. Chin Med J (Engl), 115(10):1579-81, 2002.
11. Peng Y, Liu CP. Characterization of proteolipid protein-peptide-specific CD(4)(+) T cell of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in Biozzi AB/H mice. Chin Med J (Engl). 115(4):521-4, 2002.