Third Year Rotations
by efdegr01 — last modified Jun 12, 2012 10:17 AM
Process for Choosing a Third Year AHEC Rotation
- Each spring semester, the AHEC Office sponsors an AHEC fair for all rising third year medical students. Third year students should attend this fair to see what sites they are interested in.
- At the fair, students fill out an AHEC rotation request form, which is supplied by the Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine and return the form to Anne Loop, Departmental Coordinator, Family and Geriatric Medicine.
- Students will receive confirmation of rotation and location assignment from the Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine.
- Students will complete an AHEC Fact Sheet and return it to Anne Loop for signature. She will then forward the Fact Sheet to the AHEC Program Office. The AHEC Program Office will send the fact sheet to the Regional Coordinator and the Student Affairs Office.
- Regional AHEC coordinators will make housing arrangements for the student if needed.
- If eligible, students will receive a stipend for their rotation prior to the start of the rotation from the Office of Financial Affairs.
- Students must bring a copy of their immunization record, picture ID, student ID and name tag with them to the AHEC site.
- Upon completion of the rotation, each student will receive an e-mail directing them to complete an online AHEC survey. Although your name is kept anonymous in the survey, the results are collected for Federal Reporting purposes as well as used for feedback regarding your experiences.