Departmental Coordinator Responsibilities
by efdegr01 — last modified Apr 23, 2008 11:37 AM
The Departmental Coordinator must determine whether the desired preceptor is on the list of approved preceptors.
If the preceptor IS on the list:
- Contact the AHEC Clinical Coordinator in the appropriate AHEC Region for the student's desired rotation. GIve the Clinical Coordinator the student's name, rotation dates and desired preceptor.
- The AHEC Clinical coordinator will contact the preceptor to confirm availability and set up the requested rotation.
- The Departmental Coordinator should sign the AHEC Fact Sheet and send it to the AHEC Program Office.
If the preceptor IS NOT on the list:
- Determine if the physician has a Gratis Faculty appointment. If so, contact the appropriate AHEC Clinical Coordinator and inform him/her that you have a student interested in working with the physician and supply the Clinical Coordinator with information regarding the physician's gratis faculty appointment. GIve the Clinical Coordinator the student's name, rotation dates and desired preceptor.
- If the requested physician does not have a Gratis Faculty appointment and is interested in working with students, begin the process for an appointment.
Contact Faculty Affairs for more information regarding Gratis Faculty appointments.