Our nationally renowned physicians treat patients of all ages and stages of life, from prenatal care to the senior years.
For more information, or to make an appointment with University of Louisville Physicians, call 502-813-6500.
Follow the links to our specialty practices:
- Cardiovascular Medicine - Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Each year, more than 10,000 people lose their lives to cardiovascular disease. But the pioneering health care professionals at University of Louisville Physicians-Cardiovascular Medicine are working to reverse those trends, and help you and your loved ones live longer, healthier lives.
- Digestive & Liver Health (Gastroenterology) - The doctors of University of Louisville Physicians-Digestive & Liver Health are renowned for their skill in treating disorders of the digestive system, pancreas and liver. They provide expert patient care for common, as well as complex conditions, such as inflammatory bowel disease, advanced liver disease and gastrointestinal cancer.
- Endocrinology - University of Louisville Physicians-Endocrinology provides sophisticated, cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic care for patients with a broad range of hormonal disorders in the Louisville, Southern Indiana and greater Kentucky areas. We see patients from all over the United States, as far away as New York and Pennsylvania, with complicated endocrine disorders.
- Infectious Diseases - University of Louisville Physicians Physicians-Infectious Diseases is actively involved in patient care, research and teaching. The practice assists in the diagnosis and management of patients with a wide variety of infectious diseases, including 1,200 HIV patients in the ambulatory clinics of the University of Louisville and the Veterans Administration hospital. In addition, our infectious disease specialists are focused on the research and treatment of pneumonia and other common respiratory diseases.
- Internal Medicine - The internists at University of Louisville Physicians handle the broad and comprehensive spectrum of illnesses that affect adults. We are recognized as experts in diagnosis, in treatment of chronic illnesses, and in health promotion and disease prevention. Internists are the "doctor's doctor," because we are often called upon to serve as consultants to other physicians to help solve baffling diagnostic problems.
- Kidney Disease Program (Nephrology) - University of Louisville Physicians-Kidney Disease Program is one of the oldest nephrology practices in Louisville and has been active for more than 50 years. Each year, we have more than 5,000 patient visits. We are made up of a compassionate and caring multidisciplinary team of kidney specialists (nephrologists), nurses, dieticians and social workers who are dedicated to educating and treating the community of patients living with kidney disease.
- Medical Oncology & Hematology (Cancer) - The medical oncologists at University of Louisville Physicians are part of the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, where we practice as part of multidisciplinary teams of specialists. We use sophisticated technologies and the latest combination of therapies to provide each patient with an individual comprehensive treatment plan.
- Pulmonary (Lungs) - Thousands of people each year suffer from ailments associated with the lungs. In Kentucky, lung problems are particularly prevalent because of the state's high number of smokers, high rate of allergy sufferers, and occupational lung diseases. Look no further for your experts in lung health than the doctors of University of Louisville Physicians-Pulmonary/Critical Care. We'll help you to breathe easy again.
- Rheumatology - University of Louisville Physicians - Rheumatology provides comprehensive and compassionate care to patients with arthritis and other disorders of the joints, muscles, and bones, as well as autoimmune disorders and inflammatory conditions. Many rheumatic diseases are chronic life-long conditions that often change or evolve over time. Our physicians are committed to building long-standing relationships guiding their patients through every step of their treatment plan.
- Sleep Medicine - Many of us have experienced trouble sleeping at some point in our lives. The doctors at University of Louisville Physicians-Sleep Medicine understand that poor quality sleep can have a negative impact on all areas of your life. Our physicians are nationally regarded for their expertise in the diagnosis, treatment and care of sleep disorders.