All are accredited programs which meet or exceed minimal criteria by the American Board of Internal Medicine for fellows to successfully complete the programs and be eligible to sit for certifying examinations in the specialty areas.
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Oncology & Hematology
- Nephrology & Hypertension
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep Disorders, Interventional Pulmonology
The Department of Medicine offers both residents and fellows the benefit of diverse training sites.
In addition, unique learning opportunities are available from University-affiliated hospitals such as Norton Healthcare (including Kosair Children’s Hospital), Jewish Hospital, Frazier Rehab Institute, Norton Audubon Hospital, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, Clark Memorial Hospital (Jeffersonville, Ind.) and Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services (New Albany, Ind.).