Brad S. Sutton, M.D., MBA
Brad S. Sutton, M.D., MBA
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Assistant Dean for Health Strategy and Innovation
- Director, Center for Health Process Innovation
- Co-Director, Distinction Track in Business and Leadership
- Co-Director, MD-MBA Program
- Medical Director, Department of Medicine Outpatient Clinics
401 East Chestnut Street, Ste. 310
Louisville, KY 40202
502-588-4692 - Academic Office
502-588-4600 - Patient Appointments
- American Board of Internal Medicine -
Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease
Education and Training
- Medical School: Johns Hopkins University
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- MBA: Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business
- Cost-Analysis of Free Colonoscopies in an Uninsured Population Enriched for Colorectal Cancer. Sutton ER, Walling S, Kimbrough C, Borkheteria N, Jones, W, Sutton BS. J Am Coll Surg. 2016 Jul;223(1):129-32. doi: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2016.04.035. PMID: 27238000
- Loughran J, Puthawala T, Sutton BS, Brown LE, Pronovost PJ, DeFilippis AP. The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit-An Evolving Model for Health Care Delivery. J Intensive Care Med. 2016 Jan 13. pii: 0885066615624664. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26768424.
- Gopinathannair R, Birks EJ, Traivedi J, McCants KC, Sutton BS, Deam AG, Slaugter MS and Hottigoudar RU. Impact of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy on Clinical Outcomes in Patients with Continuous Flow Left ventricular Assist Devices. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2015 Mar;21(3):226-32. PMID: 25528199.
- Espinosa-Ginic MA, Sutton BS. Management of PVCs. Curbside Consultation in Cardiology: 49 Clinical Questions. SLACK Inc. http://www.healio.com/cardiology/curbside-consultation.
- Sutton ERH, Sutton BS. What Information is Needed to Help in Perioperative Management in Patients with Congenital Heart Disease. Curbside Consultation in Cardiology: 49 Clinical Questions. SLACK Inc. http://www.healio.com/cardiology/curbside-consultation.
- Hottigoudar RU, Deam AG, Slaughter MS, Sutton BS, Mccants K, Birks E, and Gopinathannair R. Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation in Patients with HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Devices: Rhythm Still Matters in the Bionic Age. J Innov Cardiac Rhythm Management. 2011;2:537-547.
- Sutton BS, Blumenthal RS, Kapur NK. Letter regarding article, “Effect of rosuvastatin therapy on coronary artery stenoses assessed by quantitative coronary angiography: a study to evaluate the effect of rosuvastatin on intravascular ultrasound-derived coronary atheroma burden". Circulation. 2008 Nov 25;118(22):e707; author reply e708-9. PMID: 19029474.
- Thompson RB, van den Bos EJ, Davis BH, Morimoto Y, Craig D, Sutton BS, Glower DD, Taylor DA. Intracardiac transplantation of a mixed population of bone marrow cells improves both regional systolic contractility and diastolic relaxation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005 Feb; 24(2):205-14. PMID: 15701439.
- van den Bos EJ, Wagner A, Mahrholdt H, Thompson RB, Morimoto Y, Sutton BS, Judd RM, Taylor DA. Improved efficacy of stem cell labeling for magnetic resonance imaging studies by the use of cationic liposomes. Cell Transplantion. 2003;12(7):743-56. PMID: 14653621.
- Hill MN, Sutton BS. Barriers to Hypertension Care and Control. Current Hypertension Reports. 2000; Oct: 2(5)445-50.
- Sutton BS. Getting My Money’s Worth. Greater Louisville Medical Society Magazine. 2014.
- Sutton BS, D'Orazio D, Gopinathannair R. Developing a Robust Remote Monitoring Program in Your Practice: Clinical, Economic, and Workflow Considerations. EP Lab Digest. February, 2013.
- McDaniel D, D'Orazio D, Sutton BS. Counting the Cost of Atrial Fibrillation: Use of Wireless Pacemaker Technology to Innovate Care Delivery. Modern Healthcare. April 30, 2012.
- Sutton BS, Manickavasagam S, Deam AG, Gopinathannair R. Electrophysiological Characteristics and Catheter Ablation of Para-Hisian Atrial Tachycardias. EP Lab Digest. May, 2012.
- Sutton BS, Bilchik K, Berger R. (2014) "Pacemaker & Defibrillator Therapy in Cardiac Surgery Patients." In Yuh D, Vricella L, and Baumgartner W (Eds.), The Johns Hopkins Textbook of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2nd Ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Professional.
- Sutton BS. (2009) "Pericardial Disease." In Garibaldi B and Diallo A (Eds.), Now What: Patient Encounters in Internal Medicine, 1st Edition,. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Sutton BS. (2009) "Systolic Heart Failure." In Garibaldi B and Diallo A (Eds.), Now What: Patient Encounters in Internal Medicine, 1st Edition,. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.