Works published by the American Journal of Kidney Diseases and other medical publications.
- Gaweda AE, Muezzinoglu MK, Aronoff GR, Jacobs AA, Zurada JM, Brier ME. Using Clinical Information in Goal-Oriented Learning: Incorporating Clinical Expertise into Computational Framework to Improve Outcomes for Anemia Management. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 26:27-36, 2007.
- Jog NR, Rane MJ, Lominadze G, Luerman GC, Ward RA, McLeish KR. The actin cytoskeleton regulates exocytosis of all neutrophil granule subsets. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology. 292:C1690-C1700, 2007.
- Jog NR, Jala VR, Ward RA, Rane MJ, Haribabu B, McLeish KR. Heat shock protein 27 regulates neutrophil chemotaxis and exocytosis through two independent mechanisms. Journal of Immunology. 178:2421-2428, 2007.
- Newman SF, Sultana R, Perluigi M, Coccia R, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Turner DM, Butterfield DA. An increase in S-glutathionylated proteins in the Alzheimer's disease inferior parietal lobule, a proteomics approach. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 85:1506-1514, 2007.
- Opii WO, Nukala VN, Sultana R, Pandya JD, Day KM, Merchant ML, Klein JB, Sullivan PG, Butterfield DA. Proteomic identification of oxidized mitochondrial proteins following experimental traumatic brain injury. Journal of Neurotrauma. 24:772-789, 2007.
- Sultana R, Boyd-Kimball D, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Merchant M, Butterfield DA. Proteomics analysis of the Alzheimer's disease hippocampal proteome. Journal of Alzheimer's
- Vaishnav RA, Getchell ML, Poon HF, Barnett KR, Hunter SA, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Butterfield DA, Getchell TV. Oxidative stress in the aging murine olfactory bulb: redox proteomics and cellular localization. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 85(2):373-85, 2007 Feb 1.
- Barati MT, Rane MJ, Klein JB, McLeish KR. A proteomic screen identified stress-induced chaperone proteins as targets of Akt phosphorylation in mesangial cells. Journal of Proteome Research. 5:1636-1646, 2006.
- Boratyn GM, Merchant ML, Klein JB. Utilization of human expert techniques for detection of low-abundant peaks in high-resolution mass spectra, In Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, MBC’06, pp. 5798–5801, 2006
- Boyd-Kimball D, Poon HF, Lynn BC, Cai J, Pierce WM Jr., Klein JB, Ferguson J, Link CD, Butterfield DA. Proteomic identification of proteins specifically oxidized in Caenorhabditis elegans expressing human Abeta(1-42): implications for Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiology of Aging. 27:1239-1249, 2006.
- Butterfield DA, Gnjec A, Poon HF, Castegna A, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Martins RN. Redox proteomics identification of oxidatively modified brain proteins in inherited Alzheimer's disease: an initial assessment. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. 10:391-397, 2006.
- Girvan AC, Teng Y, Casson LK, Thomas SD, Juliger S, Ball MW, Klein JB, Pierce WM Jr., Barve SS, Bates PJ. AGRO100 inhibits activation of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) by forming a complex with NF-kappaB essential modulator (NEMO) and nucleolin. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 5:1790-1799, 2006.
- Lominadze G, Ward RA, Klein JB, McLeish KR. Proteomic analysis of human neutrophils. Methods in Molecular Biology. 332:343-356, 2006.
- Poon HF, Shepherd HM, Reed TT, Calabrese V, Stella AM, Pennisi G, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Butterfield DA. Proteomics analysis provides insight into caloric restriction mediated oxidation and expression of brain proteins associated with age-related impaired cellular processes: Mitochondrial dysfunction, glutamate dysregulation and impaired protein synthesis. Neurobiology of Aging. 27:1020-1034, 2006.
- Sultana R, Newman SF, Abdul HM, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Merchant M, Butterfield DA. Protective effect of D609 against amyloid-beta1-42-induced oxidative modification of neuronal proteins: redox proteomics study. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 84:409-417, 2006.
- Sultana R, Boyd-Kimball D, Poon HF, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Merchant M, Markesbery WR, Butterfield DA. Redox proteomics identification of oxidized proteins in Alzheimer's disease hippocampus and cerebellum: an approach to understand pathological and biochemical alterations in AD. Neurobiology of Aging. 27:1564-1576, 2006.
- Sultana R, Boyd-Kimball D, Poon HF, Cai J, Pierce WM, Klein JB, Markesbery WR, Zhou XZ, Lu KP, Butterfield DA. Oxidative modification and down-regulation of Pin1 in Alzheimer's disease hippocampus: A redox proteomics analysis. Neurobiology of Aging. 27:918-925, 2006.
- Asgaonkar A, Dwyer A: Successful Endovascular Thrombectomy of a Superior Vena Cava and Right Atrial Thrombus Associated with a Tunneled Dialysis Cetheter. JASN 17:869A, 2006.
- Ameen M, Ahmad A, Khundmiri SJ, Lesousky N, Lederer ED: Regulation of Type IIa Sodium Phosphate Cotransporter (Pnt2a) by H+ ATPase. JASN 17:774A, 2006.
- Brier ME, Aronoff GR: The Effects of Demographic Characteristics and Medical Care before Starting Hemodialysis (HD) on Dialysis Access Management in Incident Hemodialysis Patients (ESRD). JASN 17:317A, 2006.
- Brier ME, Aronoff GR: The Effects of Demographis Characteristics and Medical Care before Starting Hemodialyis on Anemia Management in Incident Hemodialysis Patients (ESRD) JASN 17:341A, 2006.
- Canter MP, Graham CA, Blackwell LS, Heit MH, Wilkey DW, Klein JB, Merchant ML: Identification of Candiate Peptide Biomarkers That Distinguish between Interstitial Cystitis and Asympotomatic Controls. JASN 17:435A, 2006.
- Chand DH, Brier ME, Goebel J, The Medical Review Board: Transplant Discussion among Patients Initiating Dialysis: A Review of Network 9/10 Data. JASN 17:853A, 2006.
- Choudry QM, Ouseph R, Ward RA, Merchant ML, Klein JB: Candidate Peptide Biomarkers of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) in Diabetic Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients. JASN 17:83A, 2006.
- Jacobs AA, Gaweda AE, Aronoff GR, Brier ME: Management of Anemia of End-Stage Renal Disease Using Computer Predictive Control. JASN 17:183A, 2006.
- Johnson S, Dwyer A: Depression and Anxiety in Hemodialysis Patients: Patients’ Perceived Barriers to Treatment: JASN 17:4161, 2006.
- Kausar H, Wu R, Merchant M, Barati M, Powell D, Cummins T, Wilkey D, Klein J, Rane M: Proteomic Analysis of Akt Signal Complex in the Presence and Absence of Akt/Hsp27 Interaction. JASN 17:605A, 2006.
- Kennedy MJ, Merchant M, Griffin A, DeVillez A, Klein J: Urinary Proteomic Profiling Identifies Differentially Expressed Proteins in Aminoglycoside-Treated Children with and without Nephrotoxicity. JASN 17:405A, 2006.
- Khundmiri SJ: Sengupta S, Delamere NA, Lederer ED: Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) Regulation of Na-K ATPase Requires Calcium-Dependent Extracellular Signal-Regulated Kinase (ERK) Phosphorylation. JASN 17:300A, 2006.
- Lederer ED, Khundmirii SJ, Steploc D, Cole J, Singh S, Weinman EJ: The Sodium Hydrogen Exchange Regulatory Factor (NHERF) Regulatres Transcription and Trafficking of the Type IIa Sodium Phosphate Cotransporter (Npt2a) through Different Protein Domains. JASN 17:3A, 2006.
- McLeish KR, Uriarte SM, Ward RA: Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies (ANCA) Prime Human Neutrophil (PMN) Respiratory Burst Activity. JASN 17:660A, 2006.
- Merchant ML, Scheinman SJ, Knohn SJ, Shrimpton AE, Hoopes, Jr. RR, Middleton FA, Wilkey DW, Klein JB: Urinary Peptidomic Studies of Autosomal Dominant Tubulointerstitial Nephritis. JASN 17:435A, 2006.
- Merchant ML, Rothschild DP, Wilkey DW, Jevans AW, Klein JB: Influence of Endurance Bicycling on the Urinary Proteome of Well-Conditioned Male Athletes. JASN 17:435A, 2006.
- Merchant ML, Powell DW, Fleischer C, Cummins TD, Wilkey DW, Klein E, Klein JB: Improvements toward High-Throughput Isolation and High-Sensitivity Characterization of Human Urinary Exosomes in Biomarker Analysis. JASN 17:___, 2006.
- Merchant ML, Wilkey DW, Powell DW, Cummins TD, Ficocello LH, Warram JH, Krolewski AS, Klein JB: Candidate Peptide Biomarkers Discriminate Progression or Non-Progression of Renal Functional Decline in Microalbuminuric Type-1 Diabetic Urine. JASN 17:83A, 2006.
- Powell DW, Cummins TD, Barati MT, Klein JB: Notch2 Regulates TGF-ß-Induced Renal Tubular Epithelial to Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) in Diabetes. JASN 17:206A, 2006.
- Rajayakhyaksha M, Wu R, Johnson P, Kausar H, Barati M, Khundmiri SJ, Cai L, Rane MJ: Effects of Lithium on Diabetes-Induced Nephropathy: Role of Akt and p38 MAPK Activation. JASN 17:836A, 2006.
- Roy-Chaudry P, Aronoff G, Silver M, Brier M, the Medical Review Board: High Incidence of Central Venous Catheters in Patients Returning to Hemodialysis Following a Failed Renal Transplant. JASN 17:494A, 2006.
- Smith CA, Merchant ML, Train L, Klein J, Baylis C: Identification of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase Isoforms in the Rat Kidney. JASN 17:438A, 2006.
- Von Vietinghoff S, Choi M, Rolle S, Rane M, Luft F, Kettritz R: Short-Term Heat Exposure Inhibits ANCA-Induced Neutrophil Activation Via P13-Kinase/Akt. JASN 17:660A, 2006.
- Ward RA, Uriarte SM, Powell DM, Merchant M, Luerman GC, Cummins TD, Jog NR, McLeish KR: Comparison of the Membrane Proteomes from Human Neutrophil Secretory Vesicles and Plasma Membrane. JASN 178:438A, 2006.
- Yazel LF, Lederer ED, Ouseph R: Creatinine Clearance Predicts Mortality in Non-Diabetic Kidney Transplant Recipients. JASN 17:808A, 2006.