All UofL house officers have free access to multiple on-line resources through the Kornhauser Health Sciences Library, including UpToDate, DynaMed,and PubMed.
Our program also offers a full schedule of complementary lectures and teaching conferences.
- Noon Report - Residents present reviews of overnight admissions and interesting inpatient cases every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday at noon. Interdisciplinary conferences with the departments of pathology and radiology are also offered at this venue.
- Journal Club - Provides a forum where faculty and residents discuss articles of interest with an eye toward evaluation of research methodology.
- Didactic Sessions - Every Wednesday afternoon, faculty present two 45-minute high yield lectures. Sessions are recorded and are accessible by web, should a resident be unable to attend.
- Custom Curriculum - The residency program recognizes that adult learners may prefer to learn topics at their own pace. This innovative space provides residents with an electronic portal where they can learn about hospital medicine, high value care, and numerous other topics by working through cases.
- Weekly Resident Clinic - Begins with an interactive learning session on a single topic pulled from the Yale Curriculum. Additionally, faculty may ask residents to perform brief literature searches on patient-focused questions in an effort to deliver the best and most evidence-based care to our patients.
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds - Held every Thursday at 8 a.m. during the academic year. Speakers with regional and national reputations are invited to campus to update the entire faculty on controversies and developments in our field and on new advances in research.
Our educational program grounds residents in the principles and fundamentals of Internal Medicine and prepares them for a lifetime of learning and of delivering superb clinical care.
#FOAMed Initiative - The Internal Medicine Lecture Series is a resident launched project that provides updated boards and clinically relevant lectures on a range of Internal Medicine topics. We record all of our internal medicine didactic lectures and we publish the best online. This project isn't just for the benefit of our residents; we want to help teach the world internal medicine.