As Kentucky’s premier cardiothoracic surgical group, University Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates is among the most experienced cardiothoracic practice in the nation, averaging over 1600 procedures annually. Our board-certified physicians, along with our staff of physician assistants, nurses, and medical assistants, offer an exceptional depth of both clinical and research experience.
- Internationally recognized for our work in mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation.
- Our surgical team has pioneered major advancements in cardiothoracic surgery
- Regional ‘firsts’
- heart transplantation
- double-lung transplantation
- implantation of mechanical circulatory support systems as bridges to transplantation
- implantation of the AbioCor™ replacement heart
- minimally invasive surgical options.