All faculty in the Speech-Language Pathology Section hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence form the American Speech-Language Hearing Association and are licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Faculty members come from diverse backgrounds and bring students a well-rounded body of knowledge, research interests and first-hand experience.
Director of Speech-Language Pathology, Assistant Professor
Alan F. Smith, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, Clinical Director
Rhonda R. Mattingly, Ed.D.
M. Gay Masters, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Katzman, Ed.D.
Faculty Research Interests Include:
- Voice Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation
- Feeding Disorders
- Augmentative Communication
- Normal Language Development
- Very Early Language Development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Dyspraxic Disorders
- Language and Learning Disorders
- Reading Instruction and Remediation
- Fluency Disorders
- Service Delivery in the Schools