The application deadline for the fall semester is always the preceding February 1st.
The Preparatory Phase and the Core Phase share the following admission criteria and application process, including the application form.
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- GRE combined score of 300 for Verbal and Quantitative sections using the new GRE conversion tables beginning November 1, 2011
- IELTS Exam (if necessary) The Graduate Council supported and approved a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS, International English Language Testing System, as way for graduate applicants to demonstrate English proficiency
- Three supportive letters of recommendation from two academic sources and one personal source. Please use the recommendation form supplied by the graduate school, you can follow this link http://louisville.edu/graduate/apply
- A formal interview may be required of some applicants
- A personal statement IS NOT required for application
- A resume IS NOT required for application
- Student, faculty and staff in the program are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or political affiliation. The institution and program comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and executive orders pertaining thereto.
Applicants should also consult general graduate admissions and graduation requirements in the University of Louisville Graduate School Catalog for further information.
Average Admissions Information
We are frequently asked about the credentials of students who have been admitted to our program. The class beginning Fall 2016 were admitted with the following credentials:
Core Students: MEAN GRE Score: 303 MEAN GPA: 3.77
Prep Students: MEAN GRE Score: 308 MEAN GPA: 3.62
For more information on tuition at the University of Louisville http://louisville.edu/finance/bursar/tuition
How to Apply
The Preparatory Phase and the Core Phase use the same application form. Applications of students with Bachelor's degrees in speech-language pathology will automatically be considered for admission to the Core Phase of the program. Applications for students without Bachelor's degrees in speech-language pathology will be considered for admission to the Preparatory Phase of the program.
Students apply to the program using the University of Louisville Graduate School http://louisville.edu/graduate/apply.
Contact the Graduate School: