Transfer is defined as changing enrollment from one medical school to another. Transfers are considered from LCME accredited American medical schools only.
- Transfers from foreign medical schools are not considered.
- Transfers are considered on a case-by-case basis and normally are granted in cases of severe hardship. Kentucky residents will be given preference.
- Applications for transfer must be accompanied by a letter from the appropriate administrative official of the medical school the applicant wishes to leave, verifying that the applicant is in good academic standing and is eligible to continue medical training at that school. Additionally, the sponsoring official must indicate endorsement of the application and corroborate the applicant's reasons for desiring a transfer.
- Students requesting transfer to the third year class must:
1. Present adequate reasons for transfer.
2. Have completed two years in good standing at an LCME accredited American medical school and must be eligible to continue at that school.
3. Have passed Step I of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
4. Applications for transfer should be submitted during March or April.
5. Application deadline is Apr. 30th.