McConnell Scholars Program
About the McConnell Scholar Program & McConnell Scholarship
The McConnell Scholars Program is a cohort program limited to 10 Kentucky graduating high school seniors each year and an overall group size of 40 McConnell Scholars. We invite you to meet the current classes of McConnell Scholars.
The McConnell Scholarship is open to graduating high school Kentucky residents with a minimum 3.35 GPA. Students should have demonstrated a capacity for intellectual and community leadership and also have an interest in attending the University of Louisville. To be considered, the student must complete (1) an application to the University of Louisville and (2) a supplemental McConnell Scholars Program application.
- Scholarship: Full in-state undergraduate tuition scholarships to the University of Louisville
- Travel: Fully-funded foreign travel and domestic travel opportunities, including fully-funded trips to the People's Republic of China and Washington, D.C.
- Academic Enrichment: Participation in a first-class extracurricular lecture and seminar series focused on leadership, history, great books and ideas
- Leadership Enrichment: Multiple opportunities for closed, off-the-record meetings with influential political leader leaders, business executives, authors and academic experts
- Career and Personal Mentorship: Scholars connect with more than 200 McConnell Scholar alumni in a myriad of professions, including the arts, business, campaigning, dentistry, education, engineering, law, medicine, military, nursing and politics, among others
- Internships: The Center offers financial assistance for Scholars to complete internships in fields of their choice
- Undergraduate Moot Court: This award-winning and nationally recognized undergraduate moot court team is the only one of its kind at the University of Louisville.