McConnell Scholarship application, requirements, selection criteria and the most recent class profile
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE.
- Create your account now. Deadline: January 15.
The McConnell Scholarship is open to graduating high school Kentucky residents with a minimum 3.35 GPA. Applicants must have demonstrated a capacity for intellectual and public leadership. The following must be provided:
- Application to the University of Louisville AND a supplemental scholarship application at: http://louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/scholarships.html
- An essay, not to exceed 500 words, indicating your career goals and leadership qualities
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a high school teacher
Scholarships are awarded to talented, deserving high school seniors reflecting the commonwealth's geographic diversity. Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and communication skills, outstanding grades and test scores and a passion for service. Applicants should foster and cultivate the following core principles of the McConnell Center: Scholarship, Leadership and Service.
Please note: McConnell Scholars must maintain at least programmatic requirements while attending the University of Louisville, satisfy course requirements for a minor in political science and participate in activities sponsored by the Center. Scholars need not major in political science nor be involved directly in politics.
Approximately 26-28 applicants will be invited to interview March 1-2, 2013. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 1, 2013.
2010 McConnell Scholar Academic Profile
- Average High School GPA: 3.97
- Average ACT: 31