Allison "Alli" Wade, of Annville, Ky., is a member of the McConnell Scholar Class of 2022 at the University of Louisville where she studies political science with an emphasis in law and public policy and criminal justice. She is a Dean's Scholar and Hertog Foundation Political Studies Program Fellow.
Honors and Awards
- University of Louisville Honors Program
- University of Louisville Dean's Scholar
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute Honors Scholar
- Hertog Foundation Political Studies Program, Fellow 2019
- McConnell Center Reader's Choice Award 2019
- Top 16, Finalist, Great Lakes Regional, American Moot Court Association 2019
Campus and Extracurricular Involvement
- McConnell Scholar Council, Chair
- University of Louisville College Republicans, Vice Chair
- McConnell Scholar Council, Secretary
- University of Louisville Undergraduate Moot Court Team
- McConnell Scholar Debate Society
- Mecosta Circle Member, Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- University of Louisville College Mentors for Kids, Mentor
- Project Warm, LG&E, Volunteer
Internships & Work Experience
- Student Public Relations Assistant at the McConnell Center
- Juliana Coffey, Attorney at Law, Research Intern
She is a 2018 graduate of Jackson County High School, where she graduated as valedictorian and served as class president for three years. She was named the 2017-2018 Kentucky Delegate for the National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association Youth Leadership Council and the 2017 Jackson Energy Delegate to the Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives. She was also a 2016 Rogers Scholar.
This program exemplifies the qualities I hope to display as a young scholar, in both leadership and service. The McConnell Center is home to some of America's brightest young leaders, and I could not think of a more ideal setting in which to grow. I hope to utilize the lessons I gain from this experience wherever its opportunities take me–whether it be across the globe or back to my hometown in Eastern Kentucky.