Opportunities for Kentucky Students
Questions? Contact Natalie Smith, Civic Education Coordinator, at 502-852-3947
To stay up-to-date on our offerings, sign up for our email newsletter HERE.
- 10-Year Anniversary of the McConnell Chao Archives
- November 11-15, 2019
- We the People 2019 State Competition
- Tuesday, December 10, 9 AM-2 PM
- "Introduction to Philosophy, Politics, and Economics," for JCPS high school students
- Wednesday, December 11, 9 AM-2 PM
- Jim Harrigan and Anthony Davis, of the Foundation for Economic Education (FEE), will present a five-hour program to JCPS high school students examining the interaction between political and economic institutions in the U.S.
- Lunch will be provided to students, teachers, and chaperones. Bus funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Space is limited. Teachers must register their school group with Natalie Smith by Nov. 15.
- Young Leaders Academy: Approximately 25 high school students; four-day summer residential program at the University of Louisville on a topic related to United States history, government, politics, and leadership strategies (all expenses paid)
- McConnell-Chao Archives: Students engage primary source and archival materials from the lives of two prominent Kentuckians - U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell and former Secretary of Labor (2001-2009) Elaine L. Chao - to highlight civic concepts in U.S. government.