Prizes for UofL students who constitutional amendments
The McConnell Center 2012 Constitution Day Contest asks students to write a 28th amendment to the United States Constitution. The winning submission will have demonstrated a historical need for the proposed amendment as well as its relevance.
Applicants must be a current student enrolled at the University of Louisville.
- Complete the Official McConnell Center Essay Contest Information Sheet (now closed)
- Amendment must not exceed 300 words
- Must use 12 pt. font, Times New Roman
- Page(s) must be marked with the author's last name and page number
- Contestant’s submission will demonstrate familiarity with the format and language of the Constitution and its amendments.
- Students who submit pre-existing amendments to the Constitution will not be considered for prizes.
- Any quotations or research should cite proper sources.
- Submissions must be e-mail time-stamped by 11:59 p.m., EST, Friday, September 28, 2012.
- 1st Place: $300.00
- 2nd Place: $200.00
- 3rd Place: $100.00
- Note: The awards will be distributed by the university's bursar's office.