Goins named one of '2012 Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40'
Jonathan Goins, a 1999 graduate of the McConnell Scholars Program at the University of Louisville, is listed among the "2012 Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40." The group will be honored at a special awards gala on July 15 during the NBA's 87th Annual Convention in Las Vegas.
Nation's Best Advocates recognizes talented individuals (age 40 and under) within the African American legal community who have achieved prominence and distinction, professionally and philanthropically. Nominees were chosen based on their achievement, innovation, vision, leadership, and legal community involvement.
"We applaud the awardees for their significant accomplishments and contributions towards the legal profession and community," said Daryl Parks, NBA President.
"The 2012 Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40 are continuing the tradition of legal giants in American history," said Angela Rye, IMPACT Director of Strategic Partnerships. "The invaluable contributions made by these attorneys establish a standard for service and excellence in our communities and our Nation."
2012 Nation's Best Advocates: 40 Lawyers Under 40
• Adante Pointer, Senior Associate, Law Offices of John Burris
• Alisia Mary Adamson, Managing Partner, Hylton, Adamson, Watson & Moore
• Allen C. Miller, Partner, Phelps Dunbar, LLP
• Allison C. Danels, Defense Attorney, Office of the Chief Defense Counsel, Military Commissions
• Allison R. Brown, President, Allison Brown Consulting, LLC
• Alvin F. Benton, Associate, Holland & Knight LLP
• Angela Ball, Associate General Counsel, Radio One, Inc.
• Annamaria Steward-Dymond, Associate Dean of Students, David A. Clark School of Law/UDC
• Anthony J.M. Jones, Managing Partner, The Jones Firm
• Ayanna Jenkins Toney, Partner, Law Offices of Ayannna Jenkins Toney
• Camille Y. Townsend, Associate, Jackson Lewis
• Catherine Ongiri, Attorney, Alameda County Department of Child Support Services
• Cedric Richmond, Member of Congress, U.S. House of Representatives
• Corena Norris-McCluney, Counsel, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP
• D. Simone Williams, General Counsel, Gulf Coast Funds Management, LLC
• Derrick T. Simmons, Mississippi State Senator, State of Mississippi
• Dolores Dorsainvil, Senior Staff Attorney, District of Columbia Office of Bar Counsel
• Elke Suber, Senior Attorney, Microsoft Corporation
• Erek Barron, Counsel, Whiteford Taylor & Preston, LLP
• Goldie K. Gabriel, Director of Legal and Business Affairs, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
• Jabari A. Willis, Senior Associate, Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
• Jennifer A. Prioleau, Senior Counsel, Hewlett-Packard Company
• Jonathan Goins, Partner, Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan, LLP
• Kenneth L. Parker, AUSA, Chief Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney's Office Southern District of Ohio
• Kenya Thacker Pierre, Patent Counsel, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
• Latrice A.G. Byrdsong, Corporate Counsel-Securities, Governance & Finance, DaVita, Inc.
• Linnea Willis, Partner, Law Office of Linnea N. Willis
• Lisa A. Hall-Johnson, Associate, Dickstein Shapiro LLP
• Lora M. Whitticker, Gen44 Deputy National Finance Director, Obama For America
• Nikki Johnson-Huston, Assistant City Solicitor, City of Philadelphia Law Department
• Reginald McKnight, Counsel, WilmerHale, LLP
• Rodney C. Pratt, Assistant General Counsel-Commercial, Nike, Inc.
• S. Jeanine Conley, Partner, Baker Hostetler
• Sadarie Chambliss Holston, Attorney-Advisor, U.S. Social Security Administration
• Sandra Douglass Morgan, Senior Deputy City Attorney, North Las Vegas City Attorney’s Office
• Shavar D. Jeffries, Professor, Seton Hall Law School
• Tchienyonnoh Katuri Kaye, Attorney, Trucker Huss APC
• Terrill L. Hill, Solo Practitioner, Terrill Hill P.A.
• Toni Y. Hickey, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
• Tremayne Bunaugh, Counsel, U.S. Senate, Select Committee on Ethics