Bowling Green, KY
South Warren High School, 2013
Major(s): History, Political Science
- University Honors Program
- Honors Scholar
Campus and Extracurricular Involvement
- The Louisville Cardinal Newspaper, News Editor
- Mission trips to YouthWorks (Harrisburg, PA) and Mountain TOP Tennessee
Jacob is a 2013 graduate of South Warren High School, where he was a senior representative on the school council, had the opportunity to attend the Junior Statesmen Summer School at Georgetown University, and served as the publicity coordinator of the southern chapter of Kentuckians for the Commonwealth. Jacob also was an active member of the quick recall and future problem solving teams, while also serving as a tutor and National Honors Society treasurer.
Favorite Books and Quotations
- Robert Kennedy and His Times by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.
- Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Profiles in Courage by John F. Kennedy
“The nation is sick. Trouble is in the land; confusion all around ... But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Some men see things as they are and ask 'Why?' I dream of things that never were and ask 'Why not?'" - Senator Robert F. Kennedy
"And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?" - Micah 6:8 (NRSV)