- The Kornhauser Library has approximately four dozen laptops that can be checked out for use in the library only.
- All laptops are PCs, there are no Macs.
- Laptops are loaded with virus protection software, the Microsoft Office suite of applications, Adobe Reader, Internet Explorer, and the current university email software.
- Laptops are checked out at the Circulation Desk just like all library materials.
- Printing to the library’s copiers is available.
- Use is limited to University of Louisville students, faculty, and staff.
- Users are NOT to download anything from the Internet to the hard drive or desktop.
- Users are NOT to install any software on our computers.
- You may download files to the computer desktop, a flash drive or burn a DVD or CD.
- The use of flash drives to download material is encouraged, as is emailing to yourself.
- Files left on the computer are not the library’s responsibility.
- Laptops will be periodically reimaged by staff and all user files on the hard drive will be deleted.
- The Libraries will not be responsible for any files left on the hard drive by the users.
- Laptops must be used in accordance with the UofL University Libraries computer use policies and other
UofL Information Technology policies.