The Outreach Program provides instructional support to community members in order to help them develop critical-thinking skills, create efficient search strategies, and to become information literate. The information literate person is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed.
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate information and its sources critically.
- Incorporate selected information into one's knowledge base.
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose.
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information.
- Access and use information ethically and legally.
Visit U of L to:
- Access 280+ databases which help you find magazine & scholarly journal articles on a topic.
- Use specialized research tools,which help our faculty, students,and community borrowers locate materials in our collections and around the world.
- With U of L Community Borrowers Card,you can: check out books, print, photocopy and use computers in the Reference area.
For more information about the Outreach Program, please contact:
Outreach & Reference Librarian
2301 S Third St.
Louisville, KY 40292
phone: (502) 852-2705