Instruction Classes / Topics
This is a list of the most commonly requested research instruction sessions. We adapt most sessions to focus on information literacy within the context of course-specific learning outcomes and assignments. Please note that this list is not comprehensive—we are happy to customize the session according to your class’s needs.
- Standard English 101 Instruction
- Topics: evaluating the audience and purpose of information sources; basic database searching (can be adapted to specific assignments)
- Standard English 102 Instruction
- Topics: research as inquiry; differences between Google and library databases; database search strategies (can be adapted to specific assignments)
- Standard Communications 111/112 Instruction
- Topic: evaluating information sources
- Research Strategies for a Particular Assignment or Topic
- Topic: research strategies and library resources relevant to a class assignment/topic
- Evaluating Information
- Topic: how to evaluate the quality, credibility, and relevance of information sources
- Understanding Scholarly Sources
- Topic: strategies for finding and understanding scholarly journal articles in a particular discipline
- Customized Library Session
- The librarian will contact you to discuss the goals and activities for the session.