University Hospital Library Services and Collections
- Reference and database searching. Call 562-3947 for assistance
or use request form on Information Station
- Database instruction and searching assistance
- Citation management software consultation and classes
- Librarian part of the Clinical team
- Attend Grand Rounds
- Journal club support
- Library orientation - students - staff - residents
Full-text Journal Articles
Access to electronic journals is made available by affiliation with U of L Libraries. Full-text articles available via OVID Medline or Ebsco Cinahl are available without login. Users with UofL proxy logins may access additional titles.
Use Journal Finder at UofL for availability of titles held in print or electronic format (may be by UofL proxy only).
All full-text journals are accessible within the Hospital Library - see Library staff for assistance.
The library subscribes to 40 current journal titles; attempts are made to subscribe to titles not held by cooperative libraries for the purpose of interlibrary loan. Titles are kept current year plus five; when space allows frequently used titles may be kept longer.
Hospital personnel recerive free document delivery and interlibrary loan. Requested articles are delivered via email. ULH personnel may send requests to the Library Service account, or via Information Station
- All Hospital Library holdings are included in the U of L Libraries Public Access Catalog called Minerva
- May circulate to Hospital medical staff and employees, University of Louisville Faculty, Residents, Medical students and Dental students
- Circulate for two weeks with renewal options
- UofL students in other programs may request hospital library materials via their primary library's Interlibrary Loan Department
- Others may not borrow materials, but are invited to utilize resources in-house
The library’s book collection is based on currency and relevance to a general acute care teaching hospital. Book selections are based on recommendations received from university and hospital departments as well as primary texts in practice areas at University Hospital. Access to electronic books is made available by affiliation with U of L Libraries. Titles are not duplicated in print.
contact Hospital Library at 502-562-3947 or 4124