University Hospital Library Misc Subject Links
Alternative Med | Cancer | Gynecology | Heart | Images | Neurology | Physician Resources
- National Center for complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)– National Institutes of Health
CANCER(see also specific headings such as Cardiovascular and Hematologic Diseases
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Information on Guidelines, Clinical Trials. Printable patient handouts
- American Cancer Society
- American Cancer Society. Making Treatment Decisions
- National Cancer Institute U.S. National Institutes of Health. Also in Spanish
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (fighting blood cancers)
- 4 Woman
- Society of Interventional Radiology search for topic, example "uterine fibroids"
- Modern Medicine's patient education handouts (site requires free registration)
- Vaginal Yeast Infection
HEART AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
- News updates, Lots of free short CME scenarios
- Cardiosource from the American College of Cardiology Links to guidelines, images, etc.
- Hypertension American College of Cardiology's Cardiosource
- Practice Guidelines and Quality Standards
- American Heart Association Warning signs for Heart Attack, prevention, etc.
- Histology lecture and slides, includes pathology slides. University of Ottawa
- MDConsult select Images from the menu bar and search
- Medline Plus A.D.A.M.
- Pathology slides on various conditions, browse by body system
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Multiple Sclerosis
- The Arthritis Foundation
- AO Foundation The AO Foundation is a medically guided nonprofit organization led by an international group of surgeons specialized in the treatment of trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system. It offers affiliated surgeons and operating room personnel (ORP) global networking opportunities and knowledge services. Originally the study group, Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen, or AO. (see additional links for Surgery Reference and Traumaline)
- Orland Park Orthopedics Orthopedics group practice links to common injuries and rehabilitation exercises.&
GENERAL RESOURCES FOR THE PHYSICIAN - Continuing Medical Education
- Medscape site for CME Presents cases in various professions for you to test your skill. Following the quiz, you can read the full discussion. (site requires free registration)
- Modern Medicine Excellent for info on latest updates in any discipline of medicine. Great patient education handouts; good source of FREE CME credits. (site requires free registration)