University Hospital Library Evidence Based Resources for Nurses
Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Oxford Although focus is on evidence-based medicine, the Web site has good
resources for learning about EBP in general, e.g., what is EBP, types of evidence, asking focused clinical questions, searching for evidence, critical appraisal, and other topics useful to nurses learning about EBP
- Evidence-based Nursing at the Centre for Evidence-based Medicine, University of Toronto
Has a concise explanation of evidence-based nursing, resources to promote it, and sample scenarios that demonstrate searching for
evidence, critiquing it, and documenting critiques on worksheets.
- Evidence Based Nursing, University of Minnesota Is a good Web site to learn the basics of EBP in nursing, its history,
barriers to using EBP, how to evaluate research studies in nursing, and other topics.
- Nursing Resources for Evidence Based Practice,Virginia Commonwealth University
Has many links to Web sites that would be of interest to nurses learning about EBP, including practice guidelines, databases, search strategies, models and tools, and others.
- Oncology Nursing Society's Evidence-Based Resource Area Is an easy-to-use Web site with many valuable resources for learning
about EBP, finding and critiquing evidence, and using evidence in clinical practice.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Has varied resources on EBP. Under Clinical Information, go to EBP link
to search for evidence reports by topic. Under Quality and Patient Safety section, there are links to National Resource Center for Health
Information Technology, Patient Safety Network, and other useful resources. Also has link to National Guideline Clearinghouse.
- Cochrane Library Evidence-Based Practice, HealthLinks, University of Washington (http://healthlinks.washington.edu/ebp)
Includes a collection of databases of high-quality evidence. For Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, experts locate, evaluate, and synthesize evidence from relevant studies and draw conclusions about effectiveness of an intervention.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse Includes a collection of databases of high-quality evidence. For Cochrane
Database of Systematic Reviews, experts locate, evaluate, and synthesize evidence from relevant studies and draw conclusions about effectiveness of an intervention. Full Cochrane reviews require subscription to Cochrane Library but can browse abstracts for free. Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects includes abstracts of systematic reviews that have been evaluated for quality. Other databases described at Web site (from UK).
The Community Guide (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
TRIP Database (Turning Research Into Practice)