Ekstrom Library Policies
Building Use Policies
- After Hours Study Room
- Carrels (Note: policy follows application form)
- Cell Phone Use
- Conference Room
- Group Study Rooms
- Instructional Labs
- Public Computer Use Policy
- Quiet Study Areas
- Signage, Solicitation and Distribution of Literature in Public Areas
- Survey Policy
- Wireless Access for Guests
Borrowing and Reserve Policies
- Borrowing Privileges
- Bursar Blocking for Overdue Library Materials
- Circulation Policy
- Course Reserves
- Media Reserve Policy
Collection Development Policies
Building Use Policies
When Ekstrom Library closes for the evening, the Tulip Tree Café turns into an after hours study room. Entry to the study room is gained by presenting a valid UofL ID card. UofL students are not allowed to bring non-UofL guests to the room.
Bicycles are not permitted in the building (except for those belonging to Public Safety officers).
Approved, Ekstrom Services Group, 4/19/2006
Please respect other library users' need for quiet and observe these guidelines for cell phone use in the library.
- Turn off your cell phone ringer (or put the phone on a non-noise setting) upon entering the building.
- Cell phone use is acceptable only in the following areas:
- Entrance Lobby
- Tulip Tree Café
- Keep conversations short and your voice lowered when using cell phones in the above designated areas.
The library reserves the right to ask individuals to leave the building if they are using cell phones in non-designated areas, or are creating a general disturbance in any area of the library.
Third and fourth floors are designated as quiet study areas. In addition, there is a Silent Study Room on the first floor, just inside the building's east entrance, and the Kersey Reading Room on the second floor.
The University makes provision for guests (non-UofL visitors) to obtain wireless access for their laptops on a temporary short-term basis. See the statement on their web page. Guest access must be requested by a faculty or staff member, or activated directly by Information Technology (IT). The library does not request guest access for users. Any person wanting to get such access should contact IT in person or by phone at 852-7997.
Policy established by Ekstrom Services Group, 10/17/07.