Distance Learning Library Services (DLLS)
- Library Research Guides - Webpages created by librarians listing relevant databases for finding academic sources.
- Research Appointments - Students meet 1-on-1 with a librarian to get help finding articles and books for class. Fill out the form: Research Appointments.
Journal Article & Book Requests
Fill out the Item Request form. Delivery options include email, pick-up, or postal mail (U.S. only). Items requested from non-UofL libraries can take up to 7 days for delivery.
Books Mailed to Your Home
This service is for patrons living in the United States. Items are not mailed internationally. DLLS pays for shipping. View: Borrowing Privileges
The red chat box is located on the DLLS webpage and research guides. This is a quick way to speak with DLLS.
Services for Instructors:
E-Reserves are placed on library research guides connected with the program or course and include links to full-text journal articles or book chapter selections.
DLLS works with instructors on designing a course guide which could include E-Reserves and information about the library to assist students. Two weeks is needed for processing.
View: Sample Course Guides
Sessions are taught by the distance education librarian. Sessions can be tailored by course assignment. Instruction requests must be received 6 business days in advance to ensure adequate preparation time.
- Complete the form: Library Instruction Request
- Large online classes - Students need webcams to participate. Sessions will be taught through webcam technology (GoToMeeting). If this is not suitable please schedule a research appointment.
- Learn more about our instructional approach: Information Literacy.