Steps in the Proposal and Admission Process
- Review the Liberal Studies website to determine if Liberal Studies is the right major for you.
Email the program advisor with any initial questions you may have email@example.com
- E-mail a short memo to Dr. Hale, director of Liberal Studies (preliminary approval) - firstname.lastname@example.org
In this memo, you should verify the completion of 45 college-credit hours and a cumulative gpa of 2.75. Also, indicate your:
Dr. Hale or the Liberal Studies advisor will notify you of preliminary approval. Remember that your e-mail from Dr. Hale only provides preliminary approval to receive advising as a candidate for Liberal Studies.
- intended goal/career ( what you might already be doing or pursuing)
- proposal "title" of your self-designed major
- areas or "blocks" of study you want to put into your curriculum
- Begin the rough draft of your proposal's narrative.
- Meet with the Liberal Studies advisor email@example.com to review your draft and complete your curriculum plan.
- Finalize proposal and schedule meeting with Dr. Hale