SOUL Group Leader
What is SOUL??
Student Outreach Uniting Louisville “SOUL” is a Saturday service program for UofL students. SOUL service events offer a variety of different service opportunities about five times each semester.
Past SOUL service sites have included: Americana, Brooklawn, Olmsted Parks, Oxmoor Farm, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Friendship House, and many more!
What is Group Leader?
Because we go to multiple service sites for each SOUL event group leaders are needed at each site to implement the service event. The service site will prepare the project but group leaders are needed to help on the university end.
• Checking in with site supervisor before the event
• Managing registration for student participants
• Conducting a group introduction
• Encourage interaction as a team
• Facilitate a pre made reflection piece about activity
• Over 18 years old
• Must have at least a sophomore status
• Have own transportation
• Attend a one hour training session
• Commit to attending 2 or more SOUL events each semester
• Meet new people
• Discover Louisville in a different way
• Leadership opportunity for resume
• Receive service hours for student group or class requirements.