event evaluation form
This form is used to provide feedback and collect information about each program done by the Engage Lead Serve Board.
Things to consider when assessing an event:
- Analysis: Review the evaluation data and relate the information to program goals, objectives, and anticipated outcomes. Prepare these data in a report applicable to future programs.
- Recognition and Reward: identify individuals and groups who contributed significantly to the program's success, including program planners, participants, and peripheral sponsors, and publicly acknowledge and celebrate their roles.
- Unexpected Outcomes: Identify activities or events that were not part of the original plan, and determine whether or not they impeded or enhanced the program.
- Fiscal Evaluation: Determine how well actual expenses matched anticipated costs for each program component. Identify unusual factors that may account for any discrepancy. Decide if alternative methods of delivery would have been less expensive.
- Programmers' reactions: Collect evaluative data from program planners, including suggestions for potential changes. Ask about both process and product.
- Ecological impact: Make sure the program's success did not come at the expense of some element of the campus environment. Determine the program's impact on the campus community as a whole, on other programs, on physical space and its use, on non-targeted segments of the population, and on the institution's mission and goals.
- Community Building: View the program in terms of its effect on efforts to develop positive relationships among all segments of the campus community and with the larger Louisville community.
This form must be submitted no more than seven (7) days following an event to Director of ELSB and the Director of Civic Engagement, Leadership and Service office. This form must be completed in its entirety.
Use of all evaluation data helps to identify suggestions for program modifications. Even small changes can often bring a program closer to its stated goals and objectives. How will you use the lessons you learned and the experience you had to guide your future event planning and facilitating.
Submit sample of publicity used including facebook and listserv messages
Submit budget expenditures and income generated
Provide photos of event preferably through Flickr or other on line photo account
Provide copy of event schedule