Stepping Up 4 Your Child
Under the direction of Dr. Armon Perry (Principal Investigator) and Dr. Becky Antle, the Stepping Up For Your Child program will be implemented through a $5 million grant to the University of Louisville’s Kent School of Social Work. The program is a multi-site collaborative effort between the Kent School of Social Work and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ Department of Income Support. Stepping Up 4 Your Child will be delivered over five years and aims to enhance non-custodial fathers’ involvement with their children through a program of fatherhood and healthy relationship education, as well as economic self sufficiency case management.
Fatherhood Program Liaison
Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a related field and two years of experience. Additional experience working in state government or family court system may be used to offset the educational requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and initiate effective programs, projects, and services.
- Familiarity with state government or family court system.
- Ability to problem solve in response to changing conditions affecting program implementation.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and in close coordination with supervisor and UofL colleagues and community partner organizations.
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships and partnerships with external community organizations across Kentucky.
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office).
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain consistent records.
Stepping Up 4 Your Child is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as its Fatherhood Program Liaison. This position is for part time employment (20 hours per week) based in Frankfort, Kentucky. This position will serve as a key point of contact between the Kent School of Social Work and the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ Department of Income Support. Given the multi-site nature of the program, this position will require periodic travel to program sites in other counties. The position works closely with Stepping Up 4 Your Child Operations and Logistics Committee and its duties will include the following:
- Assist with identifying and securing county program sites.
- Assist with monitoring county program sites.
- Assist with the recruitment of facilitators and Parent Resource Coordinators.
- Facilitate communication between the Stepping Up 4 Your Child Operations and Logistics Committee and local service providers.
- Participate in Community Advisory Board and Local Implementation Team meetings.
- Take responsibility for any relevant state level reporting.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Dr. Cheri Langley firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7, 2015. For more information, please contact Dr. Langley by email or call 502-852-8697.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, committed to community engagement and diversity, and in that spirit, seeks applications from a broad variety of candidates.