Mindfulness seminar - Online
Emerging from meditative and contemplative traditions, mindfulness is increasingly used in Western psychology and medicine to alleviate an array of conditions. Mindfulness practices can help across a wide spectrum of issues from relationships issues, health issues, workplace effectiveness and reducing anxiety and depression. With the increased pace and often conflicting demands of practicing in the field of Mental Health we are subject to the effects of internal and external stress. Mounting evidence shows that mindfulness practice can reduce job burnout, anxiety, depression and stress, improve focus and empathy, and increase well-being for practitioner and patient alike. It can also provide an excellent conduit for self-care which has become a necessity and requirement for practicing in the field of Mental health, Social Work and Psychology. This workshop will provide a conceptual framework for mindfulness, a variety of tools and techniques for mindfulness practice, along with ample time for guided mindfulness practices, dialogue and Q&A. Therapists, Psychologists and Case Managers alike are welcome, including those new to the field or veterans.
This seminar will include actual practices in mindfulness including meditation practice, visualization, progress relaxation, chair yoga, walking meditation and eating meditation as well as loving kindness meditation practices.
In this workshop we will cover the following:
- The Neuroscience supporting mindfulness as a practice and as an adjunct to other therapeutic methods including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Rational Emotive Therapy
- Mindfulness practices for the practitioner including relaxation breathing, progressive relaxation, mindfulness meditation and grounding techniques.
- Guided mindfulness practices during the seminar/workshop
- Mindfulness practices for both adults and children
- An introduction to how to apply mindfulness for clients with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and interpersonal conflicts as well as individualized planning
- Evidence supporting the use of Mindfulness for clients with mental health issues and physical health issues as well as a list of resources for practitioners
- Hand-outs for clinicians to use in their practice and experience with each practice in order to provide practices to clients
With so many distractions in the modern world, the simple yet profound practice of mindfulness helps us develop the ability to deepen our moment-to-moment awareness. And scientific research continues to prove that mindfulness practices are in fact, healing and an Evidence-Based Practice in the Mental Health field.
Please join us for a day, not only of learning and education but also a day of rejuvenation and reprieve from the hustle and bustle of your work and life stressors. You deserve a break!
CEU: Hours - 3
Registration Cost: $55.00