Continuing Education Policies & Procedures
How do I register for a workshop?
- Click here to go to the registration page.
- Select the workshop in which you would like to register. You will find the date, time, presenter and location.
- If you have not registered for an event with Kent before you will need to create an account. Please select “click here to create a new account” and follow the instructions.
- Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot my password link or contact email@example.com if you are having trouble.
We cannot accept payment the day of the workshop on site. You must pay with a credit or debit card using our secure registration system or mail a check to:
2217 S. 3rd Street
Kent School of Social Work
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
*Please include your name and workshop title with check
Do you offer any discounts?
- Yes, Kent School Faculty, Alumni, and Active practicum supervisors receive a discount that will be deducted at checkout on select workshops (will be noted on event page if eligible). We can also offer discounted rates for groups of 5 or more for certain workshops.
- A refund will be given if a workshop is canceled
- Refunds will not be given. If you are unable to attend a workshop we can transfer the credit to a future workshop of your choosing. All credits not used by the end of the calendar year will be forfeited. In order to transfer your payment, please contact Jessica Ballinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds for prerequisite courses will not be given 30 days after registration or if individual has accessed course materials in Blackboard.
- A refund may be issued within 30 days after registration if an error has been made regarding required courses. An official letter must me sent from an academic advisor or proof of enrollment must be provided.
- If you do not receive a passing score , you will need to re-register and pay for the course again. Refunds will not be given if you do not pass the course.
Subscribe to the email list for CEU offerings
- Please email email@example.com with your request.
What if I am dissatisfied with a CEU Workshop?
- The Kent School of Social Work Continuing Education Department take your concerns very seriously. If you are not happy with a workshop then please contact Jessica Ballinger so we can take care of this matter.
- When you register for a workshop, you will receive a confirmation email containing workshop time, location, directions, parking, etc. Three days before the event you will receive a reminder email. Please read directions carefully. Some workshops may require you to bring specific documents.
- Shall the Kent School have to cancel or reschedule a workshop based on low enrollment, changed due to severe weather, war, terrorism, or some act that renders holding the session extremely impractical, the program will be rescheduled. Advance notice of three (3) working days will be given to registrants by email in the event of a cancellation.
Certificates and Evaluations
- At the conclusion of the workshop, an evaluation will be sent via email to the address provided on the registration form. Once you have completed your evaluation and submitted, you will receive your certificate of completion with the Kentucky Board of Social Work Approval number via email as well. If you have misplaced your CEU certificate, please send request for another to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time of the workshop you attended. If you have an unpaid fee, you will be required to submit this fee prior to receiving your certificate.
Looking for a specific topic? Tell us.
- The University of Louisville and the Kent School of Social Work is rapidly becoming one of the top research social work programs in the country. The school is able to provide current research information in a variety of subject areas thanks to our faculty. Kent School faculty serve on 50-70 community boards and committees each year. We will locate appropriate individuals for a particular workshop or provide a contact.
Want to become a workshop presenter?
- Become a workshop presenter and let the Kent School of Social Work Continuing Education Program assist you! This is a great professional development opportunity, a way to enhance your own career progression and introduce new technology, practices and techniques for others in the field. To view and submit the proposal form, please click here.