Instructions for selecting a curriculum plan
2013/2014 MSSW CURRICULUM PLANS
When registering for classes each semester, students should refer to their curriculum plan. The curriculum plans are used to ensure that students proceed through the MSSW program as quickly and successfully as possible. Students are required to follow their chosen curriculum plan every semester when registering for courses.
Please note: All students initial an agreement when admitted that they will follow their chosen curriculum plan while at the Kent School. Before making any changes to their chosen curriculum plan, students must have the approval of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Dr. Anna Faul. Adding/Dropping classes not indicated on the curriculum plan may delay the students’ graduation date and/or affect their financial aid award!
Go to the appropriate section to select a curriculum plan:
- Section 1 - 60-Hour Curriculum Plans
- Section 2 - MFT Curriculum Plans (MSSW-Marriage & Family Therapy Specialization)
- Section 3 - 60-Hour Curriculum Plans (Dual Degree Programs)
- Section 4 - 30-Hour Curriculum Plans; and
Important notes about the MSSW Curriculum Plans
- Regular Program or 60-hour students will have a curriculum plan with a single letter. Advanced Standing or 30-hour students will have a curriculum plan with double letters.
- Most curriculum plans begin in the Fall Semester.Some of the plans for Advanced Standing (30-hour) students begin in the Summer, please take note of this special starting semester.
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, full-time status equals 9 -16 credit hours, part-time status equals 6 credit hours. During the Summer semester, full-time status equals 4.5 credit hours, part-time status equals 3 credit hours.
- For 60-hour students: During your foundation year, your curriculum plan will be the generic 60 hour plan without any specialization (plans A – F). Only students in the MSSW-MFT specialization are admitted into the specialization before they begin the foundation year.
- For 30-hour students: Please apply to the Director/Coordinator of a specialization before selecting your advanced practicum site, if you are interested. Dual Degree programs are not available to 30-hour students.
- Classes on Belknap campus are offered 3 times a day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30 am – 12 pm; 1 pm – 3:30 pm; 5 – 7:30 pm. On Wednesday, classes are offered 1 pm – 3:30 pm; 5 – 7:30 pm only. On Saturdays, classes are offered 9:30 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 3:30 pm. Each 3 credit hour graduate MSSW course is scheduled to meet one day each week. Students’ schedules (i.e., the day and time students are in the classroom) are determined by how they schedule themselves into classes.
- You MUST have a computer at home to take online classes (Section 50).
View the Course Schedule:
Register for Courses:
If you are a Transfer or Exceptional Case student, please contact Pam Yankeelov before registering for classes. You will need a specialized curriculum plan.