Degree, Admission Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Justice Administration
To enroll in the College of Arts & Sciences as a degree seeking student
- Graduate from an accredited high school with a GPA of 2.5 or better or successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) tests; and
- Completion of the Pre-College Curriculum (State of KY); and
- A composite ACT score at or above the national mean. (as of 2006, the ACT National Composite is 21.1).
Note: students failing to meet minimum standards are advised to contact the Office of Admissions to discuss their eligibility to enroll.
Current A&S Students:
Currently enrolled A&S students who wish to declare Justice Administration as their major or minor, Contact the JA Advising Office
Transfer applicants with an Associate Degree or minimum of 24 credits completed.
To be admitted in good standing applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended and have a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Transfer students with less than a 2.0 GPA should contact the Admissions Office to discuss the A&S Admission Appeal process for admission in Special Status. Special application deadlines may apply.
- Transfer applicants with fewer than 24 hours earned, must also submit their high school transcript or GED and ACT scores.
- Transfer students who have earned their Associate's degree through KCTCS should contact the Justice Administration Office of Student Services (502) 852-6567 to discuss the block transfer credit process for general education requirements.
Note: Non-degree applicants: Students who are 25 or older may enroll as non-degree students in the University of Louisville through Continuing Studies for two classes a semester without providing documents.
Minor in Justice Administration
Currently enrolled A&S students who are pursuing another degree and wish to declare Justice Administration as their minor, please
PLEASE NOTE: For your minor to be approved, your major must be approved first.