Criminal Justice Club
Why should YOU join the Criminal Justice Club at University of Louisville ?
Criminal Justice Club, University of Louisville
- Networking: Being a member of the club is a great way to meet fellow students, staff and faculty of the Department of Criminal Justice and Criminal Justice practitioners.
- Events: The CJ Club conducts monthly meetings during the fall and spring semester. They sponsor the monthly Lunch and Learn series and support the annual CJ Career Fair, Alumni Homecoming Tailgate and CJ Week.
- Service: The club regularly participates in community and departmental service activities. Past activities include: the Supporting Heroes Banquet, Heart Walk, ECHO, Restore and Rescue, Be a Memory Maker,
X-treme Clean-up, and various fund-raising/holiday/department projects.
- Field Trips: As a member of the CJ Club, you will have the opportunity to visit various Criminal Justice-related organizations in our community. We have visited places such as the Clark County Juvenile Facility, Kentucky State Reformatory, MetroSafe, the Coroner’s Office, the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women, the Jefferson County Correctional Facility and the Kentucky State Police.
- Fun: The club members get together for fun events each semester.
Membership Requirements of CJ Club:
- Attend at least 4 club activities per semester (can include Career Fair, Alumni Tailgate, club meetings, field trips, Lunch and Learn series, etc.)
- 10 service hours per year (can include above activities, if service oriented and/or Heart Walk, CJ Week, Alumni & CJ service projects)
- $20.00 club dues collected annually & you receive a "free t-shirt". Make Checks payable to the “Department of Criminal Justice”
Advising Office in Brigman Hall room 205 or bring to the next CJ Club Meeting