Our strategy is to support the University with systems that provide access to both current and historical documents including non-traditional dynamic documents such as web pages.
- Workflow, Dashboards, and Custom Forms (SharePoint)
- Edits to Workflow, and Doctype Groups (OnBase)
- Scanning Setup
- Metadata Setup
- top 2% of all open source projects worldwide
- 340 core developers
- more than 300 solution providers in 57 countries
Plone 4 is the upgraded version of the university’s content management system (CMS).
- Plone 4 is about three times faster than Plone 3 and up to four times faster than Plone 2.5.
- Updated and improved editor: Improved image upload and insertion dialogs, strong support for HTML table editing (a weak area of Plone’s previous editor), and better support for inserting Adobe Flash video content.
- Improved handling of large files and media: Plone 4 now stores all file and image data on the file system rather than in one large database file. This improves performance and reduces resource consumption.
- Reduced memory footprint: On average, Plone 4 uses about 20 percent less RAM than Plone 3. Plone's memory consumption no longer grows over time, but remains constant after initial caches are filled up.
- Decentralized administrators: This feature allows customer administrators to customize their own Plone sites. Administrators will be able to install new, approved Plone add-on products when IT makes them available. Administrators can customize features for use on their site only.
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance guidelines must be followed when rebuilding your Plone 4 website. Please make compliance a priority when recreating your information.
- Electronic document environment providing communities for team collaboration and making it easy for users to work together on documents, tasks, contacts, events, and other information.
- SharePoint Secure supports internal documents, required login, collaboration, and user controlled access.
- SharePoint Public houses external documents, updated frequently, and linked from Plone to allow global outside University
- Paper Documents can be scanned for record keeping. KnowledgeLakesupports scanning of paper documents and mass loading of inbound electronic documents for SharePoint access.
- Custom workflow is available in SharePoint. Submit a work request to Next Gen and we will consult with you.
- Your SharePoint Administrator can take care make changes such as adding or removing users.
- If you need to report an issue email the helpdesk (@) louisville.edu and this will submit a HEAT ticket to our department for troubleshooting. If its an emergency, fill free to contact Technical Support and Operations directly Contact Technical Support & Operations.
- Electronic Documents can be stored in SharePoint, your hard drive, or I:drive that is no longer accessed but needed for record retention
- Custom workflow is available in OnBase. Submit a work request to Next Gen and we will consult with you.
- Installers for the Thick Client and the ActiveX Thin Client
- Need a workflow or changes to your workflow? Fill out a OnBase Work Order
to setup a meeting and receive a quote.
- The user adding or removal process must be done by information technology. if you need a user added to OnBase.
- If you need to report an issue email the helpdesk (@) louisville.edu and this will submit a HEAT ticket to our department for troubleshooting. If its an emergency, fill free to contact Technical Support & Operations directly Contact Technical Support & Operations